Losing baby Nate was a sobering experience to the realities of this life. We felt as if we were the only ones who were walking this path. God opened our eyes and hearts to understand that death does happen and led us to create this ministry. Doors just kept opening and still continue to.
Each basket is compiled of items that were helpful to us.
- A Bible, with highlighted scripture, this is where we receive our strength.
- Nate’s story, in hopes families would realize that our stories may be different but our pain is similar. List of resources, there are a lot of free services offered to families. A guide that people can reflect back on when they need somewhere to turn.
- A journal, write, write, write this is therapy.
- Heaven is For Real book, we read this when I was pregnant with Nate. This is one way God had prepared us in advance for losing him. The book is a true depiction of Heaven.
- A stuffed animal for each sibling, our friend and neighbor gave each of our children one after Nate passed. This was a wonderful tangible item for our children to hold and love on. Still to this day, our kids love those stuffed animals.
- Coloring book and crayons, a distraction from serious conversations.
Our mission is to help families who have lost children and reveal to them the love of Jesus Christ. Understanding that they are not alone.
Our hope is that one day those same families will be strong enough to help others in similar situations.